You can't succeed if you don't do anything. Action is the antidote to fear. Action leads to success. It keeps you moving in a positive direction.
The only way to escape the world of mediocrity is by embracing the power of taking action. By doing so, you build the daily momentum and you keep moving in the right direction.
11 Reasons Why Taking Action Creates Success
“It isn't confidence that comes first, but taking action. Confidence follows action.”
Excuses are a time thief. When you have dreams and goals that are meaningful to you wanting is not enough. You must act upon your goals. Ask yourself this:
If someone were watching your day-to-day behavior, would they be able to see what you're working towards, what your goals are? If the answer is NO, it's on you to fix it.
Increase clarity and set yourself up for massive action
1. #Action allows you to pivot. Which vehicle is easier to move? The one parked or the one moving? The one moving, right? Taking action moves you forwards and while your vehicle is moving, it's easier to pivot and adjust as you go. The best way to learn is by trial and error. Go ahead, #act on your dreams.
“Twenty years from now you’ll be more disappointed by the things you did not do than the ones you did.” - Mark Twain
2. Action keeps #motivation alive. If you don't do anything, will you be motivated to do anything? Once you start taking action, the snowball effect starts to happen. The more you act on your dreams and goals, the more excited you become to make them happen, the bolder you become, the faster you become and the easier it gets to keep it going.
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” - Lao Tzu
3. Action builds the #habits. The more you do something, the easier it becomes to do it. Think about driving a car. At the beginning you feel overwhelmed with the complexity and by taking action and driving it consistently, with time, it becomes effortless. Repetition builds the habit of taking action, and once the habit of taking action is in place, it's only going to get easier and easier.
When you feel like giving up, that's when you need to keep on going.
“ Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill
4. Action dissolves #failure. We all want to be #successful. As beautiful as this dream is, we all know this is not how it works. Failure is part of the process. All human beings, at some point in their journey ( at many points better yet) will experience failure. Truth is, there is no such thing as failure, just things that didn't work in that specific way at that specific time. Action is what opens the door to not getting discouraged and to continue to experiment until you get it right.
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” - Muhammad Ali
5. Action starts the #winning process. Champions keep playing until they get it right. We all know that champions are the ones who have experienced failure the most. Think about any sport and just imagine for a second how many times they have been defeated before they get to be called champions. What separates them from the rest? They knew what they wanted and they continued to take action until they reached their goal. Failures? Just part of the process. Champions see failures as opportunities for growth. There's no better learning than from your own mistakes. Becoming curious about how you can do better next time is what keeps you in the game.
“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
6. Action is the heartbeat of your #goals. Preparation is great. Research and planning are important steps in the process. The challenge is that most of the time we overthink and spend too much time trying to take one step right. We don't want you stuck into Paralyses of Analysis. We'd rather have you take ten steps wrong than waste valuable time trying to take one step right. People are waiting for you to share your unique talents and skills. Release overthinking and embrace inspired action.
"Nothing will work unless you do." - Maya Angelou
7. Action turns impossible into I'm #possible. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. If you don't try, how can you really know what's truly possible or impossible? Possible and Impossible are just two words that people give meaning to based on their own limited perceptions. What is impossible for someone might be possible for you, just because you are willing to try, fail and find a way that works for you. It goes both ways. What is impossible for you, may be possible for someone else just because they believe it can become a reality and they are willing to go through trial and error until they get it right. Trial and error. That's how you turn any impossible into I'm possible.
“You don’t get results by focussing on results. You get results by focussing on the actions that produce results.” - Mike Hawkins
8. Action #moves the needle in your favor. If you wait for the right time to do something, you'll be waiting forever. The best time to act on your dreams and goals is always now. If you've been procrastinating, now seems like a pretty good place to start. Never underestimate the power of small consistent action. Every small action you take consistently compounds into great results over time. Taking daily actions alters the final results you get and helps you make progress towards your goals.
“Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.” - Peter Marshall
9. Action is what produces #results. Every step you take creates an outcome. The outcome is sometimes good and sometimes bad. That's just feedback. Look at every action as if it's your own unique experiment and become a scientist in your life. Embrace trial and error and don't shy away when things don't work out. Ask yourself: What do I need to adjust to make them work? Then do it until you get there.
“The value of an idea lies in the using of it.” - Thomas Edison
10. Action turns off your #innercritic. Most of the time we spend more time inside our heads than we do outside. At least we want to make sure that's a nice place to be. If you are always debating in your head whether or not you are worthy, good enough, ready, qualified, or adequate, how will you be able to move forward? You'll be frozen in time. You'll waste so much unused potential. Taking action is what turns on silence, that voice that always tells you why you shouldn't do it. Taking the next step, then the next step, and then the next step despite de uncomfortable feeling reminds that little voice who is in charge.
“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” - Dale Carnegie
11. Action builds #trust within yourself. If any failure stops you, it is because of a lack of trust. When you are down and you feel disappointed with yourself, when your record shows that you are losing more than you are winning, it’s easier to quit and retreat. Yet, if you have that authentic confidence in yourself, trust conquers what didn’t happen YET, opening the door for what’s possible.
“If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.” - Michele Ruiz
If you've been trying to take action and you're a little stuck, let us help you.
We're supporting those who take action by offering 70% off our 3 Months Results Coaching Program from £999 to £299.
Offer is valid for those who take action in the next 24h. Click here to book it.
“Stop complaining and do something... Shut up! Rise up! Grow up! And show up! See you at the top!” - Israelmore Ayivor
Sharing is caring
If you find this article useful, share it with a friend.
Let's inspire more people to take action.